Chanel has been my holy grail make-up brand ever since the Vitalumiere Aqua foundation came out in 2011. Ever since I have not found any other brand that could possibly compete with Chanel on any level. Their make up enhances my natural skin without ever having failed me.
However, Chanel always comes with a high price-tag. As I always read loads of reviews before I buy any high-end product I felt like it was time to go through all of my Chanel foundations and give them a proper ranking. I hope this helps you decide which foundation to get!
Vitalumiere – Aqua
- Pro: super easy to apply and one of the ‘cheaper’ foundations in Chanel’s whole range
- Con: I feel like it oxidizes on your skin quickly and feels dry after a while
- Finish: natural, for me personally it is a little too matte
- Durability: lasts almost a full day, but comes off easily when you rub your face
- Price: 45€, I believe this is the cheapest foundation Chanel has to offer
- Personal opinion: this has been one of my favorite make up items ever for the longest time now. No shit, I think Is started using it when I was like 14 and I have been using it on and off ever since. I always come back to it because it looks like my own skin but better.
- Total Ranking: ✰✰✰✰✰
Les Beiges – Touche de Teint Belle Mine Cushion Foundation
- Pro: very moisturizing, the smell is amazing
- Con: might not be suitable for oily skin types
- Coverage: light to medium, but very buildable
- Finish: dewy but not exactly glowy
- Durability: it stays in place the whole day, but I feel like it never really sinks into the skin, i.e. if you rub your face or juts sneeze it will come off.
- Price: 57€ for the compact and product, 41€ for the refill only. Way too high for how little product you get! Don’t be fooled by the size of the compact, it is only 11g/30ml.
- Personal opinion: This is honestly my favorite foundation on the market right now, but I hate how little product they give you for the high price. I hardly use make up every single day and hardly use more than two dabs of product and this hasn’t even lasted me for 4 months.
- Total Ranking: ✰✰✰✰
Les Beiges – Teint Belle Mine Naturelle Healthy Glow Foundation
- Pro: really easy to apply, smells amazing and leaves your face looking fresh and natural; also, this bottle lasts you a whole year
- Con: I feel like it oxidizes quickly on the skin
- Coverage: low to medium, but very buildable
- Finish: very natural with a hint of glow
- Durability: easily lasts the whole day unless you have to sneeze a lot and keep on rubbing your face (like me)
- Price: 50€
- Personal opinion: I love this foundation for summer because it feels very light and it is incredibly quick and easy to apply. The amount of product you get is enough to last you for a year, unless you really use it every single day.
- Total Ranking: ✰✰✰
Les Beiges – Embellisseur Belle Mine Hydratant
- Pro: this is definitely the best summer ‘foundation’ Chanel has to offer, you can’t feel it on your skin at all
- Coverage: very light, this is basically a tinted moisturizer
- Finish: extremely dewy, very natural
- Price: 45€, together with Vitalumiere Aqua this is the cheapest foundation Chanel has to offer
- Personal Opinion:
- Total Ranking: ✰✰✰
Les Beiges – Eau De Teint Water Fresh Tint
This one is brand new and I honestly can’t wait to try it. It is probably one of the most expensive foundations Chanel has to offer, so I’ll wait for reviews on whether or not it is worth the heavy price-tag. I’ll update this post once I get to buy it.
Honestly, I think Chanels foundations are the best foundations I’ve ever used in my entire life. Especially the Vitalumiere Aqua has been a staple item in my make up bag ever since I was 15 (Yes, it’s been a while).
I honestly think that they are all well worth their heavy price-tag, especially if you’re someone who loves the ‘no-make-up’-make-up look. Do go to the Chanel counters and ask for a sample though – I think this is a necessary step whenever you purchase a high-end product.
Anyways, I hope this looooong post was helpful to some of you, and I will update the post once I get to try the Eau de Teint foundation!